As this storm approaches, We would like to keep you informed as much as possible, Please see the slides below from the National Weather Service @ Lake Charles.
- Tropical Storm Barry is nearly a category one hurricane with winds of 70 mph.
- Life threatening rainfall of 10 to 1 5 inches with locally higher amounts is forecast for St. Mary, Iberia, and St. Martin Parishes. People could be trapped in homes due to the flood waters.
- Storm surge over 3 feet is expected for coastal sections of Vermilion, Iberia, and St. Mary Parishes. This includes Intracoastal City, Delcambre, Henry, Cypremort
Point, and Burns Point.
- Damaging winds will cause scattered to numerous power outages, trees blown down, and damage to homes and businesses across southwest, south central,
and central Louisiana . Isolated power outages and damages will be possible in southeast Texas.
- Isolated tornadoes are possible along the path of this storm in south central and central Louisiana.
Please prepare for any situation that may occur, BE SAFE AND GOD BLESS!!